Hello all! Well, I has just composed an amazingly witty blog post when the line went down...I'm not sure I can be amazingly witty twice in a row, but I'll try. We're sitting in the middle of a bunch of Tibetan Monks in the Cyber Cafe by their monestary. We took the bus out of town, what was 10k took forever. We are clearly out of practice in our foreign travels, but have quickly adapted. We have the afternoon off from class so are runnng some errands. Apparently my mother is dispatching dad down to check email on a frequent basis checking for news...sorry for the delay pops! Internet cafe, pens, milk and most importantly, Indian wear, as we found out it is Patanjali's birthday while we are here - quite the big to-do at the center. We can't imagine being seen at the soiree with normal American streetwear....
As for the latest happenings:
1. Sue caused quite the hubbub at the Duggals, our home away from home, by eating a banana while the monkeys "were about". There was thievery and chaos amongst the garbage and throughout the compound. Needless to say, we are more careful now.
2. As some of you know, one of my favorite things to do is to check out what is in the shopping aisles of stores in foreign lands, so off I went to buy some sunscreen, as you see, whities like me can't get by with a 3oz tube as defined by airline standards. I was not disappointed - I picked up a 30 SPF bottle, and not only was the creme tinted a lovely brown, but it came with an Anti-Tan Skin Whitening Face Wash! Good thing I can keep up my fair complexion, because I'm just not getting enough attention on the local city buses with my white skin and blue eyes already!
3. As for our yoga classes, we have 2 teachers. Both are very good and we are learning a lot, but how boring is that to write about on a blog. The man, Rajiv, bascially peppers his classes with rants on the commercialization of yoga and the woman, Swati, kicks our asses for 2 hours. We are enjoying the classes very much. I think I mentioned that there are 40 students in class, which is packed. It basically is a free for all, which I hope settles down. Everyone is trying to find a spot to do whatever the pose of the moment is. Sue and I are amazed at the lack of etiquette - we get ourselves a spot, go to get our props and turn around and someone is in our spot, or someone has taken our props! It's craziness, but all works out, although I did get yelled at for doing the wrong pose. Little did he know what it took to just get to that point! Sue and I discussed the parallels of how countries that potentially are in border disputes may have that deeply engrained in the everyday culture of their people such that it manifests itself other places...just sayin'...
I'll try to add a few pictures. The garden is our view from our breakfast table...as I said before, we're not coming home!
No comments:
Post a Comment